CHW Consulting is Australia’s largest independent AV & ICT technology consultant. Since 2003, CHW has completed over 800 major projects across Australia, representing more than $150 million in technology consulting contracts.
We strive to make technology better and easier to use by providing innovative design solutions across a wide range of industry sectors. Our core business revolves around the design and integration of information technology, communications, and audio-visual services onto a single shared framework.
Some of the major projects we are currently engaged in or have completed include:
– Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre
– Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
– Royal Children’s Hospital
– Collins Arch
– Melbourne Conservatory of Music
For the successful candidate, you will join an established business with a focus on continual team development and growth.
Our in-house drafting team works alongside our consultants from our head office in Melbourne. Working with our consultants provides the drafting team with the opportunity to expand their skillset and receive ongoing training and support.
As a Draftsperson, you will be involved in project related drafting and other administrative tasks. Your primary competencies will be in AutoCAD and Revit. Using these two platforms, you will be responsible for producing drawings and 3D models for some of Australia’s most prominent construction projects.
Candidates with tertiary qualifications may apply. Those with the design aptitude and drive to contribute to major projects will be provided with additional training as a pathway to join the Consulting team.
As a Draftsperson at CHW Consulting, you’ll be working closely with our consulting team. Your day-to-day may consist of:
– Preparing CAD drawings, schematics, and other project documentation.
– Preparing Revit models.
– Liaising with consultants and clients and updating drawings accordingly.
– Providing a project coordination function.
– Attending project design meetings with architects, services engineers, and builders.
– Assisting in the preparation of client briefs and reports for projects.
What you need to be a successful Design Draftsperson
– You must be proficient in Revit and AutoCAD.
– If you are not already proficient, you must be willing to learn Revit.
– You must be able to work Full-Time from our North Melbourne office.
– Tertiary qualifications in a design or drafting related field are preferred.
– An ideal candidate will be an effective written and verbal communicator and have a keen eye for detail.
– An interest or experience in working in technology or commercial construction industries.
Where we work
CHW’s Head Office in Melbourne has been recently refurbished providing our team with a bright and open working environment.
Equipped with our own testing centre, our Consultants have the capability to test the latest AV technology within the office. Our building also contains showers, a kitchen, state of the art meeting rooms, and a number of breakout spaces for a more relaxed working environment.
The new spaces are right next to The Roasting Warehouse and we’re within an easy walk of great cafes and restaurants on Errol Street and the Queen Victoria Market. The location lets our team take advantage of North Melbourne while maintaining easy access to the CBD.
At CHW Consulting we’re looking for people who want to build their career with us. If this sounds like you, please submit an updated resume and cover letter to [email protected]
If your application is successful, you will be shortlisted and contacted by a member of our team to arrange an interview. Please do not call our office regarding the status of your application. if you are successful, we will contact you.