CHW Consulting is Australia’s largest independent technology consulting company.
We provide information technology, communications, and audio visual technology consulting services. Our team guide the design and delivery of technology packages from schematic design through to project completion.
Currently, our team are completing the technology design, documentation, and project coordination in the following major Australian infrastructure projects:
– Victorian Heart Hospital
– New Footscray Hospital Project
– Collins Arch, 447 Collins Street
– Fortress eSports
– ANZ, 833 Collins Street
– New Grafton Correctional Centre
– Victorian 2020 Schools Project (20 schools statewide)
We are looking to hire two Graduate Project Assistants. Our goal for graduates working at CHW Consulting is to:
– Develop your technical understanding.
– Expose you to the construction industry and ICT & AV best practice.
– Develop your technical writing and documentation skills.
– Training you in the latest technical drawing packages used in the construction sector, including 3D & BIM (AutoCAD and Revit experience is an advantage).
– Develop your communications skills, project management skills, and your ability to run meetings.
– Guide your development towards a Consultant role where you will design, coordinate, and manage technology packages for your own Clients.
As a Project Assistant, you will provide design and documentation support to our Consulting team. The successful candidate will work across a breadth of industries and different sized projects and will have the opportunity to tackle challenges unique to the ever-evolving technology industry.
We invest heavily in training and development for all employees but especially for graduates. Training in company procedures, documentation, and software applications is provided. All employees have the opportunity to grow and expand their skill set and will be encouraged to develop professionally.
About the role
As a Project Assistant your day-to-day activities will include:
– Assist our Consultant team in project design documentation for architects, services engineers, and builders.
– Liaising with clients and project stakeholders.
– Preparing CAD/Revit drawings.
– Liaising with consultants and clients and updating drawings accordingly.
– Assisting in preparing concept design reports / presentations.
– Setting up projects once they’re awarded.
– Writing letters and meeting minutes.
– Project coordination activities.
– Answering the office phone and greeting office visitors.
What you need to be successful
– Candidates must have experience using AutoCAD and REVIT.
– Preferred candidates will have experience preparing 2D and 3D drawings.
– Tertiary qualifications with an interest in technology design and delivery.
– You must be able to work Full-Time from our North Melbourne office (10-minute walk from the CBD).
– An ideal candidate will be an effective written and verbal communicator and have a keen eye for detail.
– General understanding of project management, construction management, architecture, and engineering.
– Strong preference will be given to candidates able to articulate their value to CHW Consulting in their application.
Our Hiring Process
At CHW Consulting we’re looking for people who want to build their career with us. If this sounds like you, please submit an updated resume and cover letter to [email protected]
To provide you with some transparency on how we will determine the successful candidate, we will:
- Review the cover letter and CV.
- Generate a shortlist of 10 candidates based on their cover letter and CV.
- Senior Consulting staff will select the top 5 candidates to interview.
- If there are no standout hires from the first 5 interviews, we will interview the remaining 5 candidates.
- Our 2 preferred candidates will have a second interview with the Managing Director, if the interview goes well, they will be offered the position on the day.
Please do not call our office about the status of your application. We understand the hustle but calling our switchboard will not help your application. Please channel your enthusiasm into your initial submission – all documents you submit will be read. For more information on the work we do, visit our Instagram and LinkedIn.