In 2013, CHW was appointed to provide a detailed technical brief for the core ICT and AV streams in the new South Australian Courts Building in Adelaide.
Prior to this project, CHW had extensive experience in the functional operation, design and project management of AV and ICT works in the Justice sector throughout Australia, and internationally.
As part of the SA Courts project, we carried out an ICT Scoping Study to determine technology requirements, budget estimates and compare additional best practice technology from other States.
The scope of the project then progressed to providing technical specifications and requirements for the following:
- Core Network Design within the building, including backbone switching and routing, fibre backbone, floor switch design, racking and environment requirements for each floor and central communications.
- Integrated telephony system;
- Wireless Technology network throughout the building;
- Court AV systems including digital video and audio recording and playback;
- IT and AV systems in all corporate spaces such as meeting rooms, boardrooms, conference rooms;
- Building-wide AV systems including IPTV, Digital Signage, Interactive Way finding;
- Videoconferencing solution including head-end, bridging, recording, storage and playback;
- Requirements to integrate into building and ICT systems aligned to department identity and access management systems;
- ICT connectivity requirements with other buildings in the precinct;
- Recommendations for how the systems must permit the running of applications to support efficient CAA operations within the building and courtrooms; and
- Using CHW’s expertise to make further recommendations on future AV and IT systems that can enhance the CAA’s standard courtroom operating environment.
As a part of the project, CHW consultants also worked cooperatively with the wider project team to achieve a coordinated visually and technologically integrated functional design.